Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Deadlines

Here are the rough deadlines I've set up. If we follow this schedule, we should be in pretty good shape.

Feb 10 - Lock down your subject and let everyone else
know what it is.

March 3 - Have thumbnails for your entire story done
and let me know the number of pages.

March 31 - Should be 1/2 way done with all Artwork.

April 21 - All artwork for your story done.

April 28 - All Final files with text formatted and
sent to me so I can get it ready to be printed.

May 5 - Book put together and sent off to the printer.
By then, we should decide how many books we want to
order, how much we all need to chip in, etc. (This
particular printer only does small print runs. If we
want anymore than 500, we'll have to find another
printer. But 500 seems like more than enough. We can
discuss it later.)

2 weeks later - We should get a proof of the book from
the printer.

4 weeks after approval - We should receive our books.

4 Comments:

Blogger Biancalana said...

Are we just giving you jpegs? And what abour dpi? 300 good enough? Do we need to have a minimum bleed on the page?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ninja Vs said...

300dpi grayscale jpegs should be suffice. And .25 inch bleed is what the printer recommends.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Biancalana said...

sweet! thnaks.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Biancalana said...

Hey dave, I'm wrappin a huge freelance gig right now. I will have my thumbnails by monday the 5th. No more freelance for me for a while so future deadlines shouldnt be a problem.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home