Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ninjas vs. Guilt

Hi Guys,

(Here are some roughs. I still need to tie down the last two spreads)


This story is about a ninja confiding to a French art guy in a coffee shop about how guilty he feels for killing so many people. The French guy makes him feel better. At the end, it turns out that the French guy is the one he is supposed to kill next.

I typed in text below each page. Ninja is in black, French guy in
blue (sacre blue)

Hope you can tell what's going on...

Dave Chai


It's just that I feel so guilty. I don't know what to do. So what is zee problem ? (cool French accent) I'm responsible for the deaths of so many people. Households destroyed, children orphaned, countless lives shattered. So what is zee big conflict? Zhey were people who dezerved it... no? Zey were bad men... no? Not always... no.

There have even been babies... and puppies. Puppies? Puppies. Puppies, grandmothers, nuns, babysitters, powerwalkers. Rivers of innocent blood flow because of my hands. I don't know if I can live with myself anymore. Mizuer, look at it zis way.

We all feel guilty at times. Zee cowboy, politician, lumberjack... even me. For example, there was one time I had three naked women in zee hot tub. While I paid attention to one, zee others had to wait. I felt terrible. But found comfort in knowing... zhey only had to wait 40 minutes until zeir next turn.

We cannot change who we are, any more than we can stop zee sun from rising. We need to sit back and embrace who it is we are. Because if we do not... zee guilt would not exist... because neither would oui. That is so heavy. I am French. Thank you so much. Mmmmmm... Did you zay zomezing?

Thank you so much. Zit iz no problem. I've gotta get back to work. It's been so nice talking with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger jason courtney said...

The refined thumbnails are totally funny. I'm not sure what to say other than awesome.
I love his "thank you so much" expression.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Gia said...

Hey Dave, I just read through your dialouge again. I only have two minor changes I can think of. Mainly with the french guy. When ever he say no, use "non" instead. Also, in place of me, use "moi". Though I admit that it might confused some people, but I feel that it might give it a more authentic phoney french accent.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home